Interesting People mailing list archives

more on NYTimes.com Article: What Went Wrong?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:40:25 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Newmedia () aol com
Date: April 25, 2004 1:27:53 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] NYTimes.com Article: What Went Wrong?

Dave:

Since I'm quoted at the end of the article, my opinion might already be sorta represented but here goes . . .

The capital markets largely de-allocated resources from tech following the bubble-burst and focused their own internal "problems" -- so investors have (mostly) been on the sidelines and there are very few analysts nowadays who dig in and try to figure things out.  Meanwhile, big changes in services-based architectures are coming -- often built from the semiconductors on up through the user interfaces -- that will substantially change the leadership in the ICT industry . . . challenging all the participants (once again) to get with the new "Virtual Computing" program.

Mark