Interesting People mailing list archives

Stem cell research

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:23:48 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Huth Mark <mhuth () rogueheart com>
Date: November 10, 2004 2:20:54 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: For IP if you wish...

Whether or not one believes in stem cell research in the US it will
happen somewhere in the world.  It has far too much potential to cure
disease to allow it to languish.

I think this an important article from the current New England Journal
of Medicine on Proposition 71 in California.  I'm in strong support of
continued stem cell research at the federal level, and the article gives
a very brief primer on stem cell research and outlines why it is
necessary.  Well worth reading.  I apologize in advance for the length
of the URL.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/351/17/1711?hits=20&where=fullt
ext&andorexactfulltext=and&searchterm=proposition+71&sortspec=Score%2Bde
sc%2BPUBDATE_SORTDATE%2Bdesc&excludeflag=TWEEK_element&searchid=11001122
06704_10210&FIRSTINDEX=0&journalcode=nejm

Mark Huth, MD, PhD, FACC