Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Foreign Enrollment Declines at Universities, Surveys Say

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:35:10 -0500

I could not resist djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brad Templeton <btm () templetons com>
Date: November 15, 2004 3:03:05 AM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Foreign Enrollment Declines at Universities, Surveys Say

On Sun, Nov 14, 2004 at 02:11:50PM -0500, David Farber wrote:
If you use this for IP please strip my address as I am concerned about
retaliation against xxxU. (I have changed the gender of
the two students, just in case.)

Umm.  I doubt you will forward this to IP, but is the smiley face
missing from the above statement?  If you change the gender of the
pronouns (not the students, who have a sex and not a gender to get
really pedantic) and then you tell us you did that, just what do you
think you're hiding?  That we won't know which of the other 2 genders
of pronoun the original article had?