Interesting People mailing list archives

Homeland Security enforces expired patent

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:16:00 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Alex French <alexfrench () gmail com>
Date: October 29, 2004 5:04:52 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Homeland Security enforces expired patent

Dave,

[For IP if you wish.]

The Dept of Homeland Security is now attempting to enforce the expired
patent on the Rubix Cube. I for one will sleep better tonight.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&e=1&u=/ap/20041028/ ap_on_fe_st/toy_store_homeland_security

Thanks,

Alex

irginia Kice, a spokeswoman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said agents went to Pufferbelly based on a trademark infringement complaint filed in the agency's intellectual property rights center in Washington, D.C.

"One of the things that our agency's responsible for doing is protecting the integrity of the economy and our nation's financial systems and obviously trademark infringement does have significant economic implications," she said.