Interesting People mailing list archives

more on (wiith comments by djf) NYTimes.com Article: Why We Fear the Digital Ballot

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:21:06 -0400

While I see benefits to do all we can to assure accurate tallies, I think it is a lot more important to assure that voters are allowed to register and get to the polls. That is not the case in many parts of our country. Also endlessly telling the public that it is a waste of time to believe that their votes will be accurately counted does not inspire people to go to the polls.

At this date lets devote our energy to getting out the voters.

Dave

Begin forwarded message: