Interesting People mailing list archives

How bizarre can it get?? We're about to find out...

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:31:05 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mike O'Dell <mo () ccr org>
Date: September 29, 2004 7:44:16 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: How bizarre can it get?? We're about to find out...

(for IP if you wish)

if INDUCE is passed into law, we'll have the curious situation
where it will be illegal to share a file or (possibly) own an iPod,
but legal to own a military assault rifle.

I admit to not tracking the statistics closely,
but I didn't realize that so many people were being killed with iPods.

talk about your unanticipated consequences of new technology...

        -mo