Interesting People mailing list archives

i Should Municipalities Get in the Wi-Fi Business?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:01:52 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: <Kenneth_Mayer () Dell com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:33:05 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] Should Municipalities Get in the Wi-Fi Business?

Dave,

Maybe someone can answer my question? Why is it that the Bells are so
scared? Money and revenue? Why can't they charge what the city would (I
am 99% sure it would be cheaper)charge? I just don't get it. But imagine
the headache of having to deal with a city employee b/c your computer
will not connect or you are in a low availability area (imagine it being
like the drivers license dept).  I am probably one of your youngest
subscribers so maybe someone with a little more experience can
translate.

Ken Mayer Jr
Advanced System Group
Dell Server and Storage Department