Interesting People mailing list archives

more on google shuts down comments with reporters

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 12:55:55 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marc <marcaniballi () hotmail com>
Date: August 5, 2005 12:21:02 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] google shuts down comments with reporters

Hi Dave;

This note brings up something I've been wrestling with (mentally) for a
while now. Maybe some of the more deep thinkers in IP could shed light on
this "dilemma."

Given that the ubiquity and quality of surveillance technology, and the
overall longevity of our "footsteps" in the information landscape are only going to increase with time; Which is preferable; A world where everyone can
know everything about everyone, or a world where only a few can know
everything about everyone?

Marc Aniballi
"'Talk' is no longer cheap, and its cost is rising fast"