Interesting People mailing list archives

Air Force Guards Cyberspace

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:13:49 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jim Warren <jwarren () mail well com>
Date: December 10, 2005 1:48:11 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Jean Armour Polly <mom () netmom com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Air Force Guards Cyberspace

Well ... I guess that's just one more Bush-administration violation of the Posse Comitatus Act, that prohibited using the military to conduct civilian law-enforcement functions. At what point should we begin to consider ourselves a (so to speak) "military police" state? ;-)

Aside from that however -- since when did the Air Force have expertise beyond what the FBI has and/or could develop, to "fight" the "war" in cyberspace, as our CIVILIAN federal law-enforcement agency?! (Note: The military does, however, operate under a much broader cloak of secrecy!)

--jim