Interesting People mailing list archives

more on AP: Miniature Golf Course on Terror Target Lis

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:07:02 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Krulwich <krulwich () yahoo com>
Date: December 11, 2005 12:10:00 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] AP: Miniature Golf Course on Terror Target Lis

Dave,

I don't know anything about golfland or about the Homeland Security list, but
the point of almost all worldwide terror isn't strategic targets, but to
instill terror.  Almost no terrorist acts in Israel have been strategic
targets, almost all have been malls and supermarkets and coffee shops. And those sure instilled terror, just ask Jerusalem restaurant owners (or former
owners).

Of course, the fact that the US government responded as it did shows that it misses the whole point of terror. The focus on "strategic targets" means that
the government is ignoring true security against terrorism.  Luckily
terrorists have been ignoring the US until now, hopefully that will continue.

--Bruce

Begin forwarded message: