Interesting People mailing list archives

"Spectrum Wars" in National Journal

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:21:10 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Drew Clark <drewclark () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:08:44 -0500
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: "Spectrum Wars" in National Journal

Dave,

Readers of [IP] may be interested in my feature story about "Spectrum
Wars."  Generations ago, broadcasters got the right to use the
airwaves--now worth billions of dollars--for free. Ever since, they
have used heavy lobbying and political friendships to stave off
rivals. But as the digital age unfolds, change is in the air.

By special arrangement, this article is freely available on the Web at
http://nationaljournal.com/about/njweekly/stories/2005/0218njsp.htm

A link to this story is available on the front page of
http://www.drewclark.com

Feel free to send feedback to me at drew () drewclark com!

yours,

Drew Clark
Senior Writer, National Journal's Technology Daily
Columnist, "Wired in Washington," every other Tuesday in
CongressDailyAM and online at www.drewclark.com/wiredinwashington
Blogger, www.drewclark.com

The Public Broadcasting System has always felt beleaguered by funding
woes. This is a perpetual quandary for PBS, and a long-term funding
crunch is coming. Read the column at
http://nationaljournal.com/about/congressdaily/columns/clark.htm

National Journal's Technology Daily home:
Information about National Journal's Technology Daily:
http://www.technologydaily.com (free)

------ End of Forwarded Message