Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: A Child Learns a Harsh Lesson in Poli tics

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:10:49 -0500

_______________ Forward Header _______________
Subject:        Re: [IP] A Child Learns a Harsh Lesson in Politics
Author: John Adams <jadams01 () sprynet com>
Date:           5th February 2005 7:31:44 pm

Aside from the bigotry involved, this is a really stinking thing to do
to a child. I believe I could find a hundred bucks or so for the cause
of sending this little girl and her parents to Washington to shame
Margaret Spellings as a mean woman working for a mean cause.

        John A

A Child Learns a Harsh Lesson in Politics

By JULIE SALAMON
February 5, 2005

For adults, the fuss over a PBS children's television show featuring
an animated bunny - and real lesbian mothers - was nothing new. But
for Emma Riesner, 11, who was supposed to be a star of the
now-controversial episode of "Postcards From Buster," what began as a
participatory social studies lesson has become a harsh lesson in
exclusionary politics.