Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Enhanced In-Air Internet Surveillance Sought

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:02:47 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Randall <4whp () insightbb com>
Date: July 15, 2005 1:29:43 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Enhanced In-Air Internet Surveillance Sought

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>
Date: July 14, 2005 12:45:52 AM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <dewayne-net () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Re: Enhanced In-Air Internet Surveillance Sought

[Note:  This comment comes from reader Scott Berry.  DLH]

From: Scott Berry <sjb () optonline net>
Date: July 13, 2005 5:36:04 PM PDT
To: dewayne () warpspeed com
Subject: RE: [Dewayne-Net] Enhanced In-Air Internet Surveillance
Sought

Wasn't 1984 over 20 years ago?

As Bob Frankston has suggested, terrorists need only pick up the
phone on
the seatback in front of them to do all the mid-air planning they
want.  Of
course, that's undoubtedly tappable too.

But why would terrorists even need to use the internet on a plane
unless
they were going to do something to it in mid-air.  Wonder how a tap
is going
to stop that from occurring?  Or is DHS only interested in closing
barn
doors on horses' rear ends?

The Department of Homeland Security's biggest problem is figuring out
how to spend all the money Congress shovels at it - any money they don't
spend this year, they don't get next year.

--
Note to the Men in Black:  This is NOT a "Burning Bush" reference!
Thank you for reading my mail, and for keeping me safe.