Interesting People mailing list archives

SpaceShipOne Flies at EAA's Airventure

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:41:33 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jim Zellmer <zellmer () virtualproperties com>
Date: July 31, 2005 9:51:39 AM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: [IP] SpaceShipOne Flies at EAA's Airventure

hi Dave:

For IP, if you wish:

I took in the EAA's wonderful Airventure today. Happily, Paul Allen and Burt Rutan's SpaceShipOne took to the skies during the Saturday afternoon Air Show.

Rutan addressed the crowd and some of his remarks can be heard in my 20MB Quicktime Video clip of the aircraft's flight.

My favorite Rutan line, sort of an interesting contrast to the big government space shuttle approach: "We bought the engines on e-bay".

Video, photos and links here:

http://www.zmetro.com/archives/002851.php

If you've not been to this event, by all means plan to visit in 2006!

Best wishes -

Jim