Interesting People mailing list archives

IEEE Spectrum: The End of AT&T

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:08:08 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steven Cherry <s.cherry () ieee org>
Date: July 1, 2005 9:33:14 AM EDT
To: "David J. Farber" <dave () farber net>
Subject: IEEE Spectrum: The End of AT&T

Dave,

The July issue of Spectrum is now up, and there's an article about the glory that once was Bell Labs, that I know some IPers would enjoy reading.

The End of AT&T
Once the world's largest company, Ma Bell will soon vanish. But its innovations-from the transistor to communications satellites to laser cooling-live on. By Michael Riordan
<http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/publicfeature/jul05/0705att.html>

There's some other stuff in the issue that I think would also be of interest, linked from the home page, including an article about Wi-Fi/ cellular integration, and another about alternative energy at, of all places, GE.

 Steven

--
  Steven Cherry, +1 212-419-7566
  Senior Associate Editor