Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Plagiarism? How to identify?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:42:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Liz Ditz <ponytrax () batnet com>
Date: June 27, 2005 10:52:27 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Plagiarism? How to identify?

There's a firm that's associated with the academic firm, turnitin.com

http://www.ithenticate.com

Quote from webpage:

The Internet, though an invaluable resource for services and information, is also an unparalleled environment for all varieties of intellectual property theft. iThenticateā„¢ is a revolutionary new system that combats the piracy of intellectual property and ensures the originality of written work for publishers, news agencies, corporations, law firms, and non-profit entities.

Sounds like the answer to me.

Liz Ditz
ponytrax () batnet com

blog: http://lizditz.typepad.com

Success: fall down seven times, stand up eight.