Interesting People mailing list archives

Proposed Amendment

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:20:01 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Severo Ornstein <severo () poonhill com>
Date: November 9, 2005 1:01:31 PM EST
To: Recipient List Suppressed: ;
Subject: Proposed Amendment

My list is generally for information and provocative thought. I rarely propose action items, but this seems important.

Senator Graham of South Carolina is planning to introduce an amendment to the defense appropriations bill that would strip the federal courts of jurisdiction and prohibit them from even hearing arguments against indefinite detention not only from Guantánamo detainees, but from anyone who has the misfortune of finding themselves at any U.S.-run facility anywhere, even within the United States.

If you wish to take action to oppose this proposed amendment visit http://www.demaction.org/dia/organizations/ccr/campaign.jsp? campaign_KEY=1500 That's the website of the Center for Constitutional Rights - an organization for which we have very high regard.

Cheers,

S.