Interesting People mailing list archives

more on ThePrivacyPlace.Org 2005 Privacy Survey is Underway

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 20:36:58 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gene Spafford <spaf () cerias purdue edu>
Date: November 4, 2005 7:40:14 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on ThePrivacyPlace.Org 2005 Privacy Survey is Underway

From: gep2 () terabites com
Date: November 3, 2005 11:36:06 PM EST
To: anton () ncsu edu, dfarber () cs cmu edu

FWIW, this survey doesn't work (well, it didn't work for me at least, and I'm sure I *do* have cookies enabled...). After reading the various privacy policy categories, "proceed to the next step" returns back to the survey disclaimer
page, and nothing seems to enable moving into the survey.

In short, a complete waste of time. Why don't people creating surveys or the
like test this stuff before asking for people's help?

It worked for me, and for several other people here using different browsers. I'm told they have already gotten several hundred responses from others taking the survey. Thus, it does work, and it has not been a waste of time (at least in any sense I would use).

I'm sure that they did test it. Don't be so quick to blame them -- you may have some configuration that doesn't follow standards, or maybe you don't have cookies enabled as you think you do.