Interesting People mailing list archives

more on The U.N. Isn't a Threat to the Net

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:28:27 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh () hserus net>
Date: November 6, 2005 10:58:27 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Bob2-19-0501 () bobf frankston com, dewayne () dandin com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on The U.N. Isn't a Threat to the Net

Speaking of icann - the icann election results appear to be out

<http://joi.ito.com/archives/2005/11/05/ icann_nomcom_announces_new_members_including_susan_crawford_to_icann_boa rd.html>

Susan Crawford on the icann board, and then there's an Iranian on the
ALAC.  I don't know the guy but he's probably just another iranian
citizen but given that he's from Iran, I wonder what the more
politically inclined of the icann / wsis etc watchers are going to read
into this situation :)  Whatever, but it'll keep IP, politech, circleid
and various blogs buzzing for a while I guess.

        srs

Begin forwarded message: