Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Breaking America's grip on the net

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:52:30 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lenny Foner <foner-ip-1 () media mit edu>
Date: October 9, 2005 2:45:39 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Cc: foner-ip-1 () media mit edu
Subject: [IP] more on Breaking America's grip on the net

Over five years ago, I ran an all-day workshop at CFP 2000 which
spent half the day talking about potential replacements to the DNS,
precisely because of the political centralization the current DNS
encourages.

See [1] for an overview, or [2] for a pointer to all of the workshop's
results, or [3] for a discussion of what items the workshop discussed,
or [4] for a reasonably detailed whitepaper I wrote, used as part of
the call for participants, about how such a system might work, and
which we used as a baseline for discussion at the workshop.

[1] http://foner.www.media.mit.edu/people/foner/dns-replacement.html
[2] http://www.cfp2000.org/workshop/materials/
[3] http://www.cfp2000.org/workshop/materials/projects.html
[4] http://www.cfp2000.org/workshop/materials/projects-dns.html