Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Mainstream writers are biased Mac-users (so is your Edit or :) djf)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:18:01 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Bosley, John - BLS" <Bosley.John () bls gov>
Date: October 21, 2005 1:46:40 PM EDT
To: "'dave () farber net'" <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] Mainstream writers are biased Mac-users (so is your Edit or :) djf)

So let me understand this, Dave. If I'm a tech-savvy journalist who's
ideally situated to survey the available personal computers, and after due deliberation I choose a Mac, I'm "biased," according to Dvorak. Oh- KAY--I'll remember that next time I go car-shopping, just in case some salesperson for
a US car company tries to talk me into buying one of his company's
gas-guzzling, monstrous, ugly SUVs instead of a nimble, economical,
spiffy-looking and reliable car from Honda or Toyota. I wouldn't want to
appear "biased," after all!

Heaven forbid that anyone challenge the wisdom of advertisers and marketers,
those stellar examples of objectivity and Truth.

John