Interesting People mailing list archives

more on USG RFI for "metrics" on the 'terror war'

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:19:18 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee Tien <tien () eff org>
Date: October 4, 2005 5:47:42 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on USG RFI for "metrics" on the 'terror war'

I'm sure the military folks on the list can suggest better sources.

Arreguin-Toft, Ivan. "How the Weak Win Wars: A Theory of Asymmetric Warfare." International Security, vol. 26, no. 1, Summer 2001, pp. 93-128.

Paul, T. V. Asymmetric Conflicts: War Initiation by Weaker Powers. Cambridge, MA: Cambridge University Press, 1994.

Miles, Franklin B. Asymmetrical Warfare: An Historical Perspective. Carlisle Barracks, PA: Army War College, 1999.

See generally http://www.comw.org/rma/fulltext/asymmetric.html

Lee