Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Doctors warn of health risks in new airport security rules

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:28:01 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brad Templeton <btm () templetons com>
Date: August 10, 2006 7:24:47 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] Doctors warn of health risks in new airport security rules

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 06:50:03PM -0400, David Farber wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2296564

"The TSA has said that parents must drink their babies' formula to prove
it's not tainted."

Ok, so if I'm a suicide terrorist,  ready to blow up myself, the
baby and the plane, I'm going to balk at drinking some peroxide
or other toxic item in a baby formula bottle?  As long as it's not
going to burn my mouth or kill me within 2 hours this test is
pointless and humiliating.  (It's often not formula, but expressed
mother's milk, which while safe to drink is not something people
expect to be forced upon them.)

What's next, bladder inspections?  Because while it's not
particularly pleasant, you can store lots of fluid in there,
and with an inflatable catheter you could even do it without
contamination.   You don't care about the safety of it, of
course.  You're planning to die, after all.