Interesting People mailing list archives

more on On the implausibility of the explosives plot.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:08:53 -0400

        Subject:        Re: [IP] On the implausibility of the explosives plot.
        Date:   August 11, 2006 10:51:34 AM EDT
        To:       dave () farber net

Dr. Farber,

I am not a scientist but I have been a bomb disposal technician for 20
years. Without going into details or giving a bomb making class, I can
tell you unequivocally that Peroxide-based explosives such as TATP are
routinely used by terrorists around the world. Although they are more
dangerous to manufacture than some other types of explosives, there are
benefits from their employment that those "in the business" are very aware
of.

In my opinon, this attack is not only plausible but appears to have been
carefully thought out and was close to execution. We dodged the bullet.

Henry

(Please remove my email if you forward to the list)