Interesting People mailing list archives

more on DHS Passenger Scoring Illegal?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:43:42 +0900

Begin forwarded message:

From: Edward Hasbrouck <edward () hasbrouck org>
Date: December 11, 2006 7:27:12 AM GMT+09:00
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] DHS Passenger Scoring Illegal?

On 10 Dec 2006 at 5:56, "David Farber" <David Farber <dave () farber net>> wrote:

The Identity Project <http://papersplease.org/wp/> , founded by online
rights pioneer John Gilmore, filed official objections
<http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/ContentViewer?
objectId=09000064801e80
c8&disposition=attachment&contentType=pdf>  (.pdf) to the Automated
Targeting System, or ATS, on Monday, calling the program clearly
illegal.

Unfortunately Regulations.gov doesn't allow direct permanent links to
individual documents.  The IDP comments on the ATS are copied at:

http://hasbrouck.org/IDP/IDP-ATS-comments.pdf

If people are moved to write their own comments, or contact politicians
about this, I have some suggestions for questions to ask at:

http://hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/001185.html#questions

There's more in a series of recent articles in my blog.

Peace,

Edward Hasbrouck

Edward Hasbrouck
<edward () hasbrouck org>