Interesting People mailing list archives

CDT Calls for Legislation to Preserve Internet Neutrality

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:25:19 -0400 (EDT)

For the record, I have ALWAYS been willing to send points of view I may or
may not disagree with, GIVEN they are reasoned and well stated.

Dave

Subject: Fwd: CDT Calls for Legislation to Preserve Internet Neutrality
From:    "John Morris" <jmorris () cdt org>
Date:    Tue, June 20, 2006 9:50 am
To:      "David Farber" <dave () farber net>

Dave,

Although we reach a different conclusion than you do on the
"neutrality" debates, your IP readers might be interested in a paper
that CDT just released supporting a narrow approach to "Internet
neutrality".  Our paper, available at
http://www.cdt.org/speech/20060620neutrality.pdf, is summarized in
the release below.  Also included below is a link to a paper that CDT
commissioned by MIT's Danny Weitzner, taking a look at the net
neutraltiy issues from a technologist's perspective.

John Morris
Center for Democracy & Technology