Interesting People mailing list archives

From Bits to Business * 4:15PM, Wed May 17, 2006 in Gates B01

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:30:44 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: allison () stanford edu
Date: May 15, 2006 4:31:32 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: [EE CS Colloq] From Bits to Business * 4:15PM, Wed May 17, 2006 in Gates B01

             Stanford EE Computer Systems Colloquium

                 4:15PM, Wednesday, May 17, 2006
        HP Auditorium, Gates Computer Science Building B01
                   http://ee380.stanford.edu

Topic:    From Bits to Business

Speaker:  Dan Farmer
          CTO, elemental security

About the talk:

Technology marches towards further complexity and capabilities,
while business and life increasingly rely on computers and
networks. The confluence between technology and business in
particular is not only interesting but vital to our world's
economy. I'll discuss some modestly obscure technological
findings and how they and other technology issues relate--or
collide--with the real world. Tenuous conclusions will be drawn.

About the speaker:

Dan Farmer is author of a variety of security programs and
papers. He is currently chief technical officer of Elemental
Security, a computer security software company. Together he and
Wietse Venema, have written many of the world's leading
information security and forensics packages, including the SATAN
network security scanner and the Coroner's Toolkit and the book
Forensic Discovery.

Contact information:

Dan Farmer
CTO