Interesting People mailing list archives

two on more on A don't fly day???

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:27:20 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: L Jean Camp <ljeanc () gmail com>
Date: November 15, 2006 9:22:59 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] two on more on A don't fly day???

Begin forwarded message:

Finally, before you assume that I consider it "pointless" or "suicidal" to inconvience one's self, you should consider the fact that I've driven 4 hours out of my way to buy something I could have gotten at Wal- Mart.
I've driven 4 hours to fight a $50 ticket I didn't deserve, and every
day

So you are a passionate supporter of Exxon?

Seriously, there is no perfect way to protest. A one-day or one-week
no fly week could be workable. It would take months to plan. But it
could work.

What I said above was pure snark, but of course so was your initial
response to the reasoned idea of a no-fly-day. A NFD doesn't have to
be perfect, it just has to be noticeable. It doesn't have to be the
only choice. It could be complemented by a web site to help people
identify their representatives, and share stories of TSA abuse of
power.

Zack, you seemed  young because you appear believe you know the only
true way. We need the Sierra Club and Greenpeace, and each is more
effective because of the other.  A NFD would be a good start, even if
it wouldn't do everything.