Interesting People mailing list archives

With the deepest personal sorrow -- Death of Bernie Galler

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:48:49 -0400

I have known Bernie for at least 30 years and will deeply miss his wisdom and wit.

Dave

Begin forwarded message:

From: James Cortada <jwcorta () us ibm com>
Date: September 5, 2006 6:39:48 PM EDT
It is with a very very heavy heart that I have to tell you that Bernie Galler died after a fall while in hospital. We will get details as quickly as possible. ... He was one of the nicest human beings God ever put on earth. And, of course, he was a very distinguished computer scientist.