Interesting People mailing list archives

The Real Reason for Lengthy Airport Security Lines?

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 06:08:10 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () well com>
Date: January 6, 2007 1:41:17 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: The Real Reason for Lengthy Airport Security Lines?

(From the FunSec list)

Speechless.  Via Aviation Daily.

[snip]

"TSA Pilot Would Offer Ads at Airport Security Checkpoints"

Advertising in security checkpoints will be coming to an airport near
you under a proposed Transportation Security Administration pilot
program.

Under the one-year pilot program, TSA will allow commercial advertising
at passenger screening checkpoints in select airports throughout the
U.S. and its territories. "Interested parties will have to partner with
airport operators to develop a proposal for TSA review. Only airport
operators can submit proposals for use of the checkpoints for
advertising," according to a Dec. 21, 2006, posting on the Federal
Business Opportunities web site.

[snip]

More:
http://aviationnow.com/avnow/news/channel_comm_story.jsp?id=news/ ADS01047.xml

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin