Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: iPhone Disassembly and a personal comment

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:50:19 -0400

I am surprised at the lack of any 3G capability in the iPhone. What that seems to mean is that given there is a large deployment of US 3G in ATT and Verizon and soon t-mobile that 1 st generation iPhones will be obsolete (old fashion) before the year is up. Why they damned the US to such speeds maybe shows the reality of US markets -- We just don't seem to care. They rest of the world will demand 3G and Apple will supply it or face the consequences.

BTW my E61i has wifi, Quad GSM and 3G and a long battery life (and it is replaceable),

Begin forwarded message: