Interesting People mailing list archives

Interesting People list could provide $5 million for safe drinking water]

From: "David Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:41:15 -0400 (EDT)

Subject: Interesting People list could provide $5 million for safe
drinking water
From:    "Thomas Kalil" <tkalil () berkeley edu>
Date:    Wed, July 18, 2007 12:29 pm
To:      dave () farber net

Dear friends:

This year, I am serving as a Chair of the Clinton Global Initiative, an
effort of President Clinton that asks leaders in business, government, and
civil society to commit to help address major challenges related to climate
change, poverty alleviation, global health, and universal primary education.

See http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org
<http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/>  for more details.

One of the issues we are working on is to expand access to safe drinking
water to the 1.1 billion people that currently lack it.  Every year, 1.8
million children under 5 die every year from diarrhea.

If you are an AMEX member, please consider voting for the safe drinking
water project (or a project of your choice) by July 22nd  at
http://www.membersproject.com/intro.htm

This could provide up to $5 million for safe drinking water for a project
that Proctor and Gamble and a number of NGOs are backing.

Thanks for considering this!

- Tom Kalil