Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Wow, Americans really need to .... read!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 19:27:34 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Mary Shaw <mary.shaw () gmail com>
Date: June 3, 2007 5:23:58 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Wow, Americans really need to .... read!

Dave,

I checked the blog linked in this message. His source for this data is "I found something while searching on google", which isn't exactly overwhelming credibility.

Agreed, too few people read, but these numbers don't seem reasonable.

Why don't we make up some other numbers for people to find with google, like

90% of people who seek information with a search engine do not consider the credibility of the source

85% of people who look up information in Wikipedia think Wikipedia is an authoritative source. 70% of people are astonished when this is called into question.

and so on

Mary