Interesting People mailing list archives

Typology of ICT users

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:58:51 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: John Horrigan <jhorrigan () pewinternet org>
Date: May 6, 2007 4:56:33 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Typology of ICT users

Dave:
I thought IP readers might be interested in a new Pew Internet report -- a typology of information and communication technology users. The typology is based on a survey that queried respondents on three dimensions of their relationship to ICTs -- the technology they possess, how they use ICTs, and their attitudes on ICTs' usefulness (or not) in their lives.

I link to the full report below, but we've developed an interactive tool that might be of particular interest to IP-ers. Anyone can take a short quiz on their use & attitudes toward ICTs and see what typology group to which they belong. That link is: http:// www.pewinternet.org/quiz/

Full report at: http://www.pewinternet.org/PPF/r/213/report_display.asp

Many thanks,
John

John B. Horrigan, Ph.D.