Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: When I was looking at the TurboSim site for unlocking an iPhone

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:00:32 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tony Lauck <tlauck () madriver com>
Date: October 1, 2007 9:21:49 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] When I was looking at the TurboSim site for unlocking an iPhone

Dave,

I can't comment about BLADOX, but I am familiar with 2CO, as I maintain a music web site, www.innersong.com, that uses 2CO for its credit card processing. 2CO is a legitimate business that provides the ability for small businesses to sell goods on the web with low startup costs.

Legally, 2CO is the seller and the web site owner is 2CO's vendor. 2CO has a fairly restrictive policy regarding the type of goods that can be sold through their service. Presumably, they do this to maintain their reputation as a legitimate operation and to reduce the amount of credit card charge backs they get. For example, their prohibited list includes:

"Any product or service enabling consumers to circumvent locks, programming codes or security features, or to gain access to features or services for which they have not expressly paid."

See: https://www2.2checkout.com/documentation/prohibited.html

Tony

David Farber wrote:
I found their "store" temporarily closed Since the site is run by a US company -- *2CheckOut.com Inc. (Ohio, USA) is an authorized retailer for goods and services provided by BLADOX, s.r.o. (Czech Republic, EU)** , I wonder whether anyone has closed them or what?*
*
*
*Dave*
*