Interesting People mailing list archives

Air Travel (BBC View)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:52:47 -0700

From: Gregory Hicks [ghicks () cadence com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 4:32 PM
To: David Farber
Cc: ghicks () cadence com
Subject: Air Travel (BBC View)

Dave:

For IP if you wish.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

From: Newsnight <newsnight () ebs bbc co uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 19:48:40 +0100 (BST)

FROM GAVIN ESLER

Hello,

Today's Quote for the Day is from the designer Stephen Bayley and sums
up exactly how I feel about the glamour of modern travel:

"Apart from going to prison, no other activity in contemporary life
exposes you to such intimidation, ugliness, regimentation, overcrowding
and cruel dehumanisation, as the decision to go to an airport."

[...]

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision."