Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Kids -another POV-

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 07:09:57 -0500

Have kids ever behaved differently? I wonder? djf

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard Bennett <richard () bennett com>
Date: November 17, 2008 6:57:52 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re:   Kids -another POV-

A recent survey in the UK finds that most people over there aren't too infatuated with the way kids behave either:

UK society 'condemning' children

More than half the population believe UK children are "feral" and behave like animals, a survey has suggested.

Half of the 2,021 adults interviewed by YouGov for the poll also felt children should be regarded as "dangerous".

Children's charity Barnardo's, which commissioned the study, said society "casually condemned" children.

It is behind an awareness campaign, with an stark internet advertisement showing adults hunting "vermin", which turn out to be children. The advert, intended to show how society demonises young people, was launched on 17 November. A second - different - advert will be launched for TV on 24 November.

Some 54% of the adults questioned thought that British children behaved like "animals".
Read more at:

Begin forwarded message: