Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Bush signs RIAA-backed intellectual-property law

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:58:42 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: October 17, 2008 12:32:16 AM EDT
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Re: Bush signs RIAA-backed intellectual- property law

[Note:  This comment comes from friend David Reed.  DLH]

Subject: Re: dewayne-net V1 #562
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:27:26 -0400
To: dewayne-net () warpspeed com, Tom Williams <Tom () AirNetworking com>
From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>

I don't fall into the category who see the definition of "not
Republican" as Democrat.

As neither a liberal nor a democrat, I'd suggest the proper provocative
headline might be:

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ONCE AGAIN GRANTS POLICE POWERS TO CLAIMANTS OF
OVERREACHING PROPERTY RIGHTS IN INFORMATION

since the Democrats are the party of The Mouse and the Republicans are
the party of middlemen, at least on this issue they agree that the
campaign funds can be shared equally.  :-)

This is where Nader and Ron Paul might have common cause in opposition,
since both represent the interests of individuals rather than corporations.

[Note:  This comment comes from reader Tom Williams.  DLH]