Interesting People mailing list archives

CERT 20th Anniversary Technical Symposium Invitation

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 18:59:46 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: CERT Technical Symposium <CERT-technical-symposium () sei cmu edu>
Date: October 31, 2008 2:35:31 PM EDT
To: CERT Technical Symposium <CERT-technical-symposium () sei cmu edu>
Subject: CERT 20th Anniversary Technical Symposium Invitation

Carnegie Mellon University will host the CERT Technical Symposium in March 2009. This event marks the CERT’s 20 years of operations. We hope you will be able to join us.

2009 CERT ® Technical Symposium: Security Challenges in an Evolving World
A Celebration of the 20th Anniversary of CERT
Participate in the dialog to identify future challenges and promising solutions in providing a safe and secure networked computing capability for the nation and the world.

Join us for the 2009 CERT Technical Symposium: Security Challenges in an Evolving World, March 10-11, 2009, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA.

Marking the occasion of CERT’s Twentieth Anniversary, this two-day symposium will bring together leaders in cybersecurity to examine the future challenges we face in securing information and processes as vulnerabilities change, new computing models emerge, and threats evolve.

Attendance is by invitation to key leaders in government, industry, and academia who are currently influencing information and software assurance policy, operations, and research. We encourage you to join the ongoing conversation about how we prepare for the future. -o- Engage with and learn from renowned leaders in the field including Vint Cerf, Scott Charney, John Gilligan, Major General William Lord, and Jonathan Zittrain. -o- Understand how emerging computing models might impact security and influence cyber security research agendas. -o- Discover what Internet pioneers would do differently today and find out what the experts perceive as the most pressing and emerging security concerns. -o- Learn through collaborative panel discussions by preeminent names in the industry, including Randy Bryant, Steve Crocker, Larry Druffel, David Farber, Virgil Gligor, Paul Kurtz, Paul Mockapetris, Guru Parulkar, Rich Pethia, Larry Roberts, and Bill Scherlis.

More information, including a full list of speakers and panels, registration details, and venue information, is available at the Symposium website: http://www.cert.org/technicalsymposium/

Attendance is limited and we expect to reach our capacity soon. We encourage you to register early.