Interesting People mailing list archives

more cuts -- Thousands cut off from phone service -- vandals

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 20:46:00 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joe Pistritto <jcp () jcphome com>
Date: April 10, 2009 8:24:45 PM EDT
To: Mark Harrison <mh () pixar com>
Cc: dave () farber net, ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Thousands cut off from phone service  -- vandals

New news:
Apparently there have been more fiber cuts on the Peninsula. 4 separate manholes on Old County Road (Belmont/San Carlos) were entered and fiber cuts made today apparently. this is after the big one we already heard about yesterday down in San Jose.

A friend of mine who works in Redwood City and manages internet connectivity for a major company there reported this to me. Apparently there's been some comment on it in local media, but i didnt see it on google news yet.

Seems like someone really hates the Internet (or the carriers) out there.

-jcp-