Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Obama CTO

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:43:48 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee W McKnight <lmcknigh () syr edu>
Date: January 6, 2009 11:30:28 AM EST
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [IP] Re:   Obama CTO

David:

For your consideration:

The IT assumption is reasonable. Since the Federal Government is (mainly) an information processing engine, the most broadly relevant tech expertise for a federal CTO is IT.

Anything else matters to a narrower slice of executive branch agencies. It could well be that someone with a background in another technical area is also good at IT, and hence suitable.

But if you can;t make huge (and hugely inefficient) information engines run better then please do not apply.

Lee