Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: ? Update of Kindle book removal

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 04:21:40 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "lynn" <lynn () ecgincc com>
Date: July 18, 2009 8:12:40 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: zittrain () law harvard edu
Subject: Re: [IP] Update of Kindle book removal

History has been rewritten for many years. The things high school students
are taught about Viet Nam and the protests are a good example. I could
laugh at some if i wasn't ready to cry. Ask any VN vet about it.

As to books, I'll keep buying hardcopy only. If they want it back it will
be B&E.

Personally I think it's all about control. Why don't they just get out the
tape measures and leave the rest of us out of it?

I also think we will see much more of this. Which leads me to ask, if you
use Goog docs, who owns the files? Who can access and deny access? This
may be an issue as more and more is done in the cloud.