Interesting People mailing list archives

The Federal Communications Commission has launched an inquiry to AT&T Inc. and Apple over the rejection of Google [WSJ]

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:40:37 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ronald J Riley \(RJR Com\)" <rjr () rjriley com>
Date: July 31, 2009 7:28:36 PM EDT
To: <dave () farber net>
Subject: The Federal Communications Commission has launched an inquiry to AT&T Inc. and Apple over the rejection of Google [WSJ]

For IP if you wish.

According to WSJ:

"The Federal Communications Commission has launched an inquiry to AT&T Inc. and Apple over the rejection of Google's voice application for the popular iPhone.

In letters sent late Friday to the three companies, the FCC asked why Apple rejected the Google Voice application for the iPhone and removed related "third-party applications" from its store. The letter also seeks information on how AT&T was consulted in the decision, if at all."

http://online.wsj.com/article/ SB124908121794098073.html#mod=djemalertTECH

====

Personally, I think that Apple and Google deserve each other but it is my hope that Apple's paddies are slapped.

Ronald J. Riley,
Direct (202) 318-1595 - 9 am to 8 pm EST.