Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: GM's New Chairman -- You Won't Drive on My Roads for Free

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:34:47 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adam Thornton <adam () io com>
Date: June 12, 2009 12:56:42 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: GM's New Chairman -- You Won't Drive on My Roads for Free

For IP, if you like.

On Jun 12, 2009, at 11:43 AM, David Farber wrote:

It is also ironic that someone who put the interest of AT&T above that of the government and society now runs a company in which the government is the major stockholder.

Given how cheerfully and happily AT&T complied with warrantless wiretap demands from the Bush administration, it seems to me that the interests of AT&T and the government were both respected, with only society getting the shaft. In which case, he's *perfect* for the GM job.

Adam