Interesting People mailing list archives

Results from Wolfram Alpha: All the Questions We Ever Wanted to Ask About Software as a Service

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 19:16:40 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andy Oram <andyo () oreilly com>
Date: May 6, 2009 7:12:49 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Results from Wolfram Alpha: All the Questions We Ever Wanted to Ask About Software as a Service

Software as a Service upends the relationship between computer users and
software. I'm seriously tempted to say that Wolfram Alpha takes the
SaaS model to its extreme. So Wolfram Alpha's chances at scaling the
heights of fame should force us to stop for a moment and run our own
calculations concerning the value to us of data integrity,
reliability, privacy, and innovation.

 http://praxagora.com/andyo/article/saas_wolfram_alpha.html

--
Andy Oram  O'Reilly Media                     email: andyo () oreilly com
Editor     10 Fawcett Street, Fourth Floor         voice: 617-499-7479