Interesting People mailing list archives

It has been a hectic two weeks

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:23:49 -0500

The past two weeks have been rather hectic. Two weeks ago we went back to the Philadelphia area to do several things.
First was to see our grandchildren in the second was to give a distinguished visitor talk at the University of
Delaware. (The talk went very well capacity crowd -- http://www.ums.udel.edu/podcast/watch?c=284).

Toward the end of the first week my wife GG developed a fever and we found it difficult to rouse her. On the advice of
our Pittsburgh Dr. we took her to the emergency ward at the local hospital  where they found that she was suffering
from an infection as well as dehydration. They treated her very well but we felt that was in her best interest to get
her back to the  Pittsburgh hospital system. Her doctor admitted her to MaGee woman's Hospital where they put her in
intensive care. It turns out that she had an infection in a bed sore as well as some general system problems. Two days
ago they operated on her and the prognosis looks encouraging. All vital signs are normal and she recognizes her family
and the nurses. A combination of Alzheimer's and advancing age have taken their toll but I expect she will be home by
midweek.

Things have stabilized enough so I can get back to some of the technical issues that have my attention. I have decided
not to go in person to the NSF one-day conference in Hawaii on Japanese United States research cooperation  nor the NLR
Board meeting in the Valley  in order to be close to GG. I hope to attend via the net.

In a bit of comic relief,:

I am ranked up there with John McCain, Bob Kahn and and AT&T as one of the Greatest Enemies of Net Neutrality!!

http://www.voip-news.com/feature/15-Greatest-Enemies-Net-Neutrality-102709/

I only wish people would actually read what I have written.

Dave