Interesting People mailing list archives

re WORTH READING Access Controlled book reception censored -- at the UN's Internet Governance Forum event in Egypt

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:37:59 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steve Goldstein <steve.goldstein () cox net>
Date: November 17, 2009 9:07:05 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] WORTH READING Access Controlled book reception censored -- at the UN's Internet Governance Forum event in Egypt

Uh-huh! you may find fault with ICANN, but can you imagine ITU running the show? They keep trying to take over ICANN's functions. Latest attempt (to get nose of camel into the tent) is a campaign by ITU to become an IPv6 Regional Registry for underdeveloped countries. As far as I know, the Regional Internet Registries have resisted.

--Steve (now retired from ICANN Board)