Interesting People mailing list archives

Banks Set for Record Pay - 18% over last year!!

From: Dave Farber <dfarber () me com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 23:09:21 -0500

From: "Ronald J Riley (RJR)" <rjr () rjriley com>
To: <dave () farber net>
Date: January 14, 2010 09:50:54 PM EST
Subject: Banks Set for Record Pay - 18% over last year!!

Dave,

WSJ is reporting:

Major U.S. banks and securities firms are on pace to pay their people about
$145 billion for 2009, a record sum that indicates how compensation is
climbing despite fury over Wall Street's pay culture.

An analysis by The Wall Street Journal shows that executives, traders,
investment bankers, money managers and others at 38 top financial companies
can expect to earn nearly 18% more than they did last year -- and slightly
more than in the record year of 2007. The conclusions are based on an
examination of securities filings for the first nine months of 2009 and
revenue estimates through year-end.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704281204575003351773983136.ht
ml?mod=djemalertNEWS

===

This is absolutely outrageous.  These shysters stole half or more of our
collective life savings and then bought and conned our legislators into
giving them a bailout which we will all pay for, every man, woman and child
will be paying for this for decades.  Nothing has changed in this industry.
It is staggering and must be reigned in.  When are the people going to wise
up and start tossing incumbents out?

Ronald J. Riley,

I am speaking only on my own behalf.
Affiliations:
President - www.PIAUSA.org - RJR at PIAUSA.org
Executive Director - www.InventorEd.org - RJR at InvEd.org
Senior Fellow - www.PatentPolicy.org
President - Alliance for American Innovation
Caretaker of Intellectual Property Creators on behalf of deceased founder
Paul Heckel
Washington, DC
Direct (810) 597-0194 / (202) 318-1595 - 9 am to 8 pm EST.