Interesting People mailing list archives

Is D.C. telecom to-do list too long?

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:53:58 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: dewayne () warpspeed com (Dewayne Hendricks)
Date: January 15, 2010 2:30:15 PM EST
To: Dewayne-Net Technology List <xyzzy () warpspeed com>
Subject: [Dewayne-Net] Is D.C. telecom to-do list too long?

Is D.C. telecom to-do list too long?
Connectedplanetonline.com
by Rich Karpinski

I’m not sure there’s been as an important a year for regulatory and political developments for our industry as 2010 for quite some t ime.

The question is: do Congress and the FCC have their priorities straight?

On the agenda for 2010:

- The National Broadband Plan, which will guide carriers and the nation to more pervasive broadband deployment to even the far- reaches of our country

- Net Neutrality hearings and rulings at the FCC and elsewhere, defining largely how the world’s Web, entertainment and communicatio ns will co-exist

- Ongoing reform of the Universal Service Fund to address new network and competitive priorities

<http://blog.connectedplanetonline.com/unfiltered/2010/01/14/is-d-c-telecom-to-do-list-too-long/ >RSS Feed: <http://www.warpspeed.com/wordpress>