Interesting People mailing list archives

re Reports of Google Nexus One 3G and Support Problems

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:51:21 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Steve Muir <steve () grimupnorth org>
Date: January 11, 2010 11:45:46 AM EST
To: Bob Frankston <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Cc: krulwich () yahoo com, dave () farber net, 'Lauren Weinstein' <lauren () vortex com > Subject: Re: [IP] re Reports of Google Nexus One 3G and Support Problems

My personal experience of Fring, on a Nokia/Symbian device, is that it mostly works as promised, but the latency when using the Skype inter-connectivity functionality was really high, i.e., more than a second. The nice part is that it is indeed access-agnostic, working equally well (or badly, in terms of latency) on WiFi or 3G.